- Global Carbon Pricing
- Ley, Eduardo (2010) "Global Carbon Pricing," (4MB slides) World Bank, Austria, May 12.
- Stiglitz, Joseph (2010) "Overcoming the Copenhagen Failure," Project Syndicate
- Cramton & Stoft (2009) "Price Is a Better Climate Commitment," The Economists' Voice.
- McKibben, Morris, Wilcoxen (2009) "Achieving Comparable Effort through Carbon Price Agreements," Belfer Center, Kennedy School, Harvard.
- Stoft (2008/12) Carbonomics, Diamond Press, 250 pp. (for a general audience).
- Cooper, Richard (2008/10), "The Case for Charges on Greenhouse Gases,"
- Game Theory & Climate Policy
- Godal & Holtsmark (2010) "[Carbon] Trading with Endogenous Taxes," a critique of Carbone et al.
- Carbone et al. (2009) "The Case for International Emissions Trade," Cap-Trade game in a global economic model. Europe buy permits from China, and others do nothing.
Dixit and Nalebluff (2009) The Art of Strategy. (good chapter on prisoner's dilemma & cooperation)
- The best news article on Copenhagen and game theory
- Holtsmark & Sommerville (2008) "[Carbon] Trading in a Non-Cooperative Equilibrium."
- Helm (2003) "International Emission Trading with Endogenous Allowance Choices."
- China: Climate and Oil
- Lee, Henry & David Shalmon (2007) "Searching for Oil: China's Oil Initiatives in the Middle East."
- Global Policy Considerations
- US Climate/Energy Policy
—Thomas C. Schelling, Nobel Memorial Prize, 2005
What Makes Greenhouse Sense?, Foreign Affairs,2002
—Joseph E. Stiglitz, Nobel Memorial Prize, 2001
Making Globalization Work, 2007
—Scott Barrett, Columbia University,
Author of Environment and Statecraft: The Strategy of Environmental Treaty-Making.
quoted in Nature Reports Climate Change, November 2009